There will be an informational meeting for any student interested in Octorara’s Homeland Security & Protective Services program on Monday, December 9th during 2nd period. Please sign up in advance in the counseling office. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Morihara. For more information about the program, click here.
Kennett High School Counseling Department
Welcome to the KHS School Counseling Department website!
Please see below for the most recent Counseling Department News. To view previous news, click here.
Thanks to everyone who attended College Information Night on 11/14/19! If you were not able to attend the presentation, information packets are available for pick-up in the counseling office. In addition, the English and Spanish versions of the presentation are available under the “Presentations” section of our website here.
Career, Technical, and Customized Education Programs – Upcoming Assemblies and Meetings:
Technical College High School (TCHS) Senior-only Programs:
- Tuesday, November 19th, 7th period
- Presentation/info session for Allied Health (https://www.cciu.org/page/1021), Teacher Leadership Academy (https://www.cciu.org/Page/2277), Geographic Information Systems (https://www.cciu.org/domain/712)
- Sign up in the counseling office
- There will also be an open house at TCHS Pennock’s Bridge on 12/10/19 from 6-8pm
- See Ms. Morihara with any questions
Technical College High School and Octorara Homeland Security & Protective Services 9th grade assembly:
- Tuesday, November 26th
- All 9th graders will attend
- More information about TCHS programs: https://www.cciu.org/site/Default.aspx?PageType=1&SiteID=199&ChannelID=206&DirectoryType=6
- More information about the Homeland Security program: https://www.octorara.k12.pa.us/domain/628
- If students are interested in shadowing any of these programs, please see Ms. Morihara in the counseling office.
- There will be an additional information meeting for students specifically interest in the Homeland Security program in December, exact date TBD. Students in all grades are welcome to attend this meeting.
Junior year is filled with decisions about educational planning, college, and careers. The School Counseling Department wants to help you through this exciting, and sometimes challenging chapter of your child’s life.
We invite you to attend
College Information Night
on Thursday, November 14th
from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.,
in the high school auditorium.
In this presentation, we will outline the entire college search and application process, including suggested time-lines, and financial aid resources. We will provide detailed steps on how you can gather information, factors you may consider when choosing the colleges to which your student will apply, and insight into the process that colleges often use when they make admissions decisions. We will also demonstrate the valuable features of our comprehensive college planning program, Naviance, an extremely useful resource for both parents and students. If you have not done so already, please take the opportunity to register for this program by emailing your child’s school counselor.
We encourage you to take advantage of this very valuable meeting for parents and look forward to working together with you and your student. If you have questions at any time, please feel free to contact the School Counseling Office at (610) 444-6636 or through e-mail.
Did you miss Financial Aid Night? Don’t worry! We have the links to the presentations here!
Check out the PowerPoints presented by Sonya Mann-McFarlan from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (English-speaking) and Giselle Bermudez from the Millersville University Office of Financial Aid (Spanish-speaking).
If you are looking for more information, we also have hard copies of Financial Aid materials in the Counseling Office. Feel free to stop by any time!