Kennett High School Final (Senior) Exam Schedule

Dear Senior Parents,

This letter is to inform you of the Kennett High School Final Exam Schedule. Final exams are mandatory. The mid-term exam is worth 10% (ten percent) of your son or daughter’s final grade, and the final exam is worth 10% of your son or daughter’s final grade for a total of 20% (twenty percent) for the year in each subject. If he/she is not present for the final exam, he/she will not receive credit for the class. For this reason, it is very important that if your child is unexpectedly ill and unable to attend school, you must call the school so that his/her grade is not jeopardized and arrangements can be made for a time to make-up these exams.

Students are not required to be in school during a regularly-scheduled study hall or lunch period. Students who do not have a scheduled exam, but are using district transportation, must report to the cafeteria for that non-exam period.

On May 31st, seniors with an exam will report to advisory for attendance. The exam will begin at 7:54am in the auxiliary gym and conclude at 9:24am. Seniors who are not testing can report to school at 9:20am and must check into the main office for attendance. Any student electing to arrive at 9:20am on May 31st must provide their own transportation to school. All buses will make regular morning runs. The start of half days for seniors begins on June 1st; no bussing will be available to transport seniors after exams.

The 3rd Annual Senior Stroll is scheduled for May 31st following the first period exam. More information will be forthcoming on this event.

If there is a two-hour delay because of inclement weather, we will follow our two-hour delay schedule for classes for that day with the school day ending at the regular time – 2:35pm. The examinations scheduled for that day would then be given on the following day. If school is cancelled for the entire day, examinations will be given the following day.

The last day of attendance at Technical College High School (TCHS) for senior students is Wednesday, May 30th. TCHS senior students will report to Kennett High School to take exams on May 31st, June 1st, June 4th, June 5th and June 6th as indicated on the attached schedule. In addition, TCHS seniors must report to TCHS on Tuesday, May 29th for graduation rehearsal. Seniors will take a bus from TCHS to Oxford High School for rehearsal as students are not permitted to drive on their own. The graduation ceremony will begin a 7pm on Thursday, May 31st at Oxford High School.

If you have any questions regarding the final examination schedule, please contact any building level principal at 610-444-6620. Thank you.


Jeremy M. Hritz, Ed.D.


Senior Final Exam Schedule