Please click the above link to view the letter sent home regarding College Night Information. Please contact the main office at 610-444-6620 if you have any questions.
Principal’s Message 10/26
Our 7th week of Remote Learning is now complete, and we are getting closer to the beginning of in-person learning in the hybrid setting. There are now only 11 days remaining in the 1st marking period, so please continue to talk with your children about their academic performance. I want all of our students to finish on a positive note, so your encouragement is greatly appreciated.
Here are a few notes and reminders as we close out the week:
- Thank you for your attendance and engagement in our PTSO Meeting last night. We did record the session and will have it posted to our website soon. Our next PTSO Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 24th. Please mark your calendars.
- A reminder there is no school for students on Tuesday, November 3rd and Friday, November 13th.
- Attached to the bottom of this email is the calendar for the remainder of the first semester. This calendar includes information essential to the approaching hybrid schedule which will begin on November 16th. Please be sure to carefully review this information with your child.
- Over the next couple days, senior parents should receive information in the mail regarding the make-ups/retakes of senior pictures. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, midterm exams are scheduled for the week of January 25th. All students will complete their midterm exams remotely, and a detailed schedule will be sent home soon. As a result, the 3rd marking period will begin, Monday, February 1, 2021.
If I can be of any assistance to your child, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School
Kennett High School Calendar November 16th through January 29th
Class of 2021 Senior Portrait Make-Up/Retake Information
Make-ups/Retakes for Senior Portraits are scheduled for October, 27, 29, 30, and November 2 & 6, 2020 in the High School Auditorium. Seniors are to schedule your own appointment on-line directly through Prestige Portraits (Life Touch). Seniors, if possible, please try to schedule during your study hall, flex, senior option or lunch time. The website to schedule your appointment is www.ouryear.com. Once you are at the site you will be prompted to enter a “School Code”. The School Code is 252.
Please see the following important information:
- You must wear a face mask upon entering the building (mask will be removed for your picture).
- Each senior must schedule your own appointment time to have your portrait taken by Life Touch Studio. (See above).
- Your senior portrait will be included in the 2021 Kennetteer (Yearbook).
- Each senior who pays the $60 ”senior portrait fee” will also receive his or her personalized yearbook, with your name printed on the cover, at no extra charge.
- Checks should be made payable to “KCSD” (Kennett Consolidated School District).
- Cash and money orders are also accepted (no credit cards)
- If the “senior portrait fee” is not paid, the student’s picture will be included in the yearbook, but a yearbook will not be ordered for that student.
- Yearbooks can be ordered through the publisher’s site (www.sscyearbooks.com) by check or credit card. Senior yearbooks ordered on-line will be $65 with an additional $5 for personalization.
- The price will increase to $75 in January. On-line sales will end in April.
REMINDER: Any senior who pays the $60 “senior portrait fee” when their senior picture is taken, receives a FREE PERSONALIZED YEARBOOK!!!!!
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Roberts, Administrative Assistant, at 610-444-6624 or email@example.com.
Thank you! The studio will provide the drapes and cap/gowns.
(Tuxedos will be available as an outfit option) ___________________________________
Women—Yearbook Poses: Drape Please bring your own tank top to wear under the drape poses.
ULTIMATE SESSION includes 24-30 Head & Shoulder Yearbook
and Cap & Gown poses, plus up to 3 outfit changes & up to 7 backgrounds. Session Fee: $30
Poses may include your hands, consider appropriate jewelry.
Men—Yearbook Poses: Suit
Please bring your own dress shirt, tie & jacket. We cannot remove 5 o’clock shadow. Have your hair neatly trimmed.
INFORMACIÓN DE RECUPERACIÓN / RETIRADA DE RETRATO SENIOR DE LA CLASE 2021
Los arreglos / retomas para retratos de último año están programados para el 27, 29, 30 de octubre y el 2 y 6 de noviembre de 2020 en el auditorio de la Escuela Secundaria de Kennett (KHS). Los estudiantes de grado 12 (los seniors) deben programar su propia cita en línea directamente a través de Prestige Portraits (Life Touch). Los seniors, si es posible, intenten programar durante su hora de estudiar, su hora de “Flex”, su tiempo de Senior Option o la hora del almuerzo. El sitio web para programar su cita es www.ouryear.com. Una vez que esté en el sitio, se le pedirá que ingrese un “Código escolar”. El Código Escolar es 252.
Consulte la siguiente información importante:
- Debe usar una máscarilla facial al ingresar al edificio (se quitará la máscara para sacarle la foto).
- Se programará que cada senior tenga una cita para que el Estudio de Life Touch tome su retrato de senior.
- Su retrato de último año se incluirá en el Kennetteer (El anuario) 2021.
- Cada senior que pague la “tarifa de retrato de seniors” de $60 también recibirá su anuario personalizado, con su nombre impreso en la portada, sin cargo adicional.
o Los cheques deben hacerse al nombre de “KHS Yearbook”
o También se aceptan el efectivo y los giros postales (no se aceptan las tarjetas de crédito)
- Si no se paga la “tarifa de retrato para los seniors”, la foto del estudiante se incluirá en el anuario, pero no se ordenará un anuario para ese estudiante. (Sí se incluye el retrato de senior en el anuario todavía.)
- Los anuarios se pueden solicitar a través del sitio del editor (www.sscyearbooks.com) con cheque o tarjeta de crédito. Los anuarios pedidos en línea para los seniors serán de $65 con un adicional pago de $5 para la personalización.
- El precio aumentará a $75 en enero, 2021. Las ventas en línea finalizarán en abril, 2021.
RECORDATORIO: ¡Cualquier senior que pague la “tarifa de retrato” de $60 cuando se toma su fotografía para los seniors, recibe un ANUARIO PERSONALIZADO GRATUITO!
Si tiene alguna pregunta, no dude en comunicarse conmigo (Theresa Roberts) al 610-444-6624 o envíe un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org. ¡Gracias!
El estudio provee los cobertores y los togas y birretes. (Los esmóquines serán disponibles también como una elección detraje.)
Kennett High School Announces Ten National Merit Commended Students
Dr. Jeremy Hritz, Kennett High School principal, is proud to announce that seniors David Diokno, Chase Harris, Emma Henderson, Sydney Lillard, Gavin Maxwell, Ryan Myers, Emma Schmidt, Swithin Shortlidge, Haylie Silbernagel, and Leah Wardwell have been named National Merit Commended Students in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Program. A letter of commendation from the high school and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) has been presented by Dr. Hritz to these scholastically talented seniors.
About 34,000 Commended Students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise. Although they will not continue in the 2021 competition for National Merit Scholarship awards, Commended Students placed among the top 50,000 scorers of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2021 competition by taking the 2019 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT).
“Those being named Commended Students have demonstrated outstanding potential for academic success,” commented a spokesperson for NMSC. “These students represent a valuable national resource; recognizing their accomplishments, as well as the key role their schools play in their academic development, is vital to the advancement of educational excellence in our nation. We hope that this recognition will help broaden their educational opportunities and encourage them as they continue their pursuit of academic success.”
Kennett High School Announces Three National Merit Semifinalists
Dr. Jeremy Hritz, principal of Kennett High School, is proud to announce that seniors Rio King, Kiley Larkin, and McKenna Norton have been named National Merit Semifinalists by National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
Over 1.5 million juniors from about 21,000 high schools entered the 2021 National Merit Scholarship program by taking the 2019 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT), which served as an initial screen of program entrants, according to a National Merit Scholarship Corporation publication. The nationwide pool of Semifinalists, representing less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, includes the highest-scoring entrants in each state. The number of Semifinalists in a state is proportional to the state’s percentage of the national total of graduating seniors. This year there are approximately 16,000 Semifinalists.
To become a Finalist, the Semifinalist must submit a detailed scholarship application, including academic record, participation in school and community activities, demonstrated leadership abilities, employment, and honors and awards received. All three of Kennett’s Semifinalists boast exceptional credentials in each of these areas.
Rio King has participated in a wide variety of activities at Kennett. He ran cross country and played clarinet in the marching band; he was a member of the frisbee club and the captain of the academic team. However, Rio cites his involvement with the Kennett Robotics team as an electrical team leader for three years and the current vice president as his most meaningful experience, as it provided the opportunity to combine his greatest passions and strongest skills. Rio has also served as an intern for Phase Sensitive Innovations and AIM Research Company.
Kiley Larkin has a similarly broad list of activities in which she not only participates but leads her peers. She was elected vice president of her class and sits on student council. She plays soccer both for Kennett, where she serves as team captain, and the Southern Chester County Soccer Association. For several years, Kiley has participated in the Humanitarian Club, MiniThon, UNICEF, Big Sisters/Little Sisters, Model UN, Badminton Club, and Medicine Club, while dedicating herself outside school to dance and the piano. Kiley is a talented artist, having displayed pieces in the Chester County Art Show for the past three years.
Finally, McKenna Norton has also compiled an impressive resume of extracurriculars at Kennett. She ran on both the track and cross country teams, serving as team captain this fall, and was elected to officer positions on the Student Council for three consecutive years; she is a talented cellist, playing in the orchestra, string ensemble, and the pit for KHS’s spring musicals; she speaks Spanish and Chinese. The Humanitarian Club, Mock Trial, Academic Team, and Reading Olympics, along with the volunteer hours she dedicates to several organizations in the community, round out McKenna’s days.
Kennett High School congratulates these outstanding students.
Principal’s Update 10/9/2020
Dear Kennett High School Parents and Guardians,
I hope all of you had a great week! As we conclude week 5 of Remote Learning, and Progress Reports for students will be available on Skyward on Monday,Oct. 12th. Students who attend TCHS can find their Progress Reports in their TCHS PowerSchool accounts today. Please take the time to review your child’s grades so you are aware of their performance so far during the first marking period. Even if your child is not achieving at their optimal level, there is still time to improve, as the marking period does not end until Tuesday, November 10th.
Here are a few notes for you:
- Information regarding the Kennett High School Hybrid Schedule was released on Tuesday,October 7th. Please review this information carefully and make your commitment for your student to either the hybrid or remote learning model by the end of the day on Sunday, October 11th. You can make your commitment at the following link: COMMITMENT FORM
- We have started an Instagram account at the high school that we will use to post important information and videos. You can follow us on Instagram @kcsdkennetths. You can also follow the high school on Twitter @KCSDKennettHS.
- There is a KCSD School Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, October 12th at 7:00 PM. You can find the link for this meeting by clicking HERE.
- The next KHS PTSO Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 22nd. The Spanish-language PTSO Meeting will begin at 6:00 PM and the English-language PTSO Meeting will begin at 7:00 PM. The links for these meetings will not be shared until October 22nd.
- The next day off from school for students is Tuesday, November 3rd.
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School