KHS Parents and Guardians!
Today marks the conclusion of the 9th week of Remote Learning! There are only 2 more days remaining in the first marking period, and the second marking period will begin on Wednesday, November 11th. Please encourage your child to finish the marking period with their best effort and launch into the second marking period with momentum.
As we finish up, I wanted to share these important notes and upcoming events:
Lunches in the Hybrid Schedule
I appreciate the feedback and questions provided through the survey I sent out earlier this week. One of the questions that came up repeatedly was in regards to lunch periods and how they work in our Hybrid schedule. Please read through the following description for specifics of how lunches operate:
- Lunches are not a full dedicated Block (period) as they were in previous years.
- Lunches are during Blocks 5 (A Days) and 6 (B Days).
- Blocks 5 and 6 are each broken into 3 groups; A, B, and C (1st Lunch, 2nd Lunch, and 3rd Lunch respectively).
- Schedules display 5A, 6A, 5B, 6B, 5C, and 6C for Block 5 and 6.
- Bell Schedule during Blocks 5 and 6:
- Blocks 5A/6A = 11:10am-11:45am (1st Lunch) = eat during A (1st lunch) and then have class during B & C.
- Blocks 5B/6B = 11:55am-12:30pm (2nd Lunch) = have class during A, then eat during B (2nd lunch), and then back to class during C.
- Blocks 5C/6C = 12:40pm-1:15pm (3rd Lunch) = have class during A & B and then eat during C (3rd lunch).
KHS Virtual Tour
There have been questions regarding tours for our 9th grade students and students new to the district. On the first day that each Cohort returns to school, we will be providing tours to our new students to familiarize them with the building.
We have also recorded a virtual tour to provide an introduction to the building which you can access at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9M9vHWJel0
Student Drop Off and Pick Up Locations
We have also had questions regarding student drop off and pick up in the hybrid schedule. Please access the provided attachment for directions and illustrations of where to drop off and pick up your children during school days.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Tuesday, November 10th – End of Marking Period 1
- Wednesday, November 11th – Beginning of Marking Period 2
- Thursday, November 12th – KHS College Information Night (Virtual)
- Friday, November 13th – No School for Students
- Monday, November 16th – Beginning of Hybrid, In-Person Learning
- Wednesday, November 18th – KHS College Information Night – Spanish-language (Virtual)
- Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th – No School, District Closed
Follow KHS on Social Media!
Please follow us on Twitter and Instagram @KCSDKennettHS for weekly updates regarding happenings around Kennett High School!
Have a great weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D. Principal, Kennett High School