I hope all of you had a great weekend! We are only three school days away from the Thanksgiving Holiday, and I want to take this moment to express my gratitude to all of you for your support of your child at Kennett High School! There have been many challenges to begin this school year, but your engagement of your child’s learning has helped to make for a positive experience. Oftentimes, I am asked what makes Kennett unique, and while our students are the primary reason, what cannot be overlooked is the involvement and support that comes from our families and community. Kennett is truly a special place, and all of you make it so. As we prepare to give thanks, please know that we appreciate all of you and are thankful for your efforts in supporting Kennett High School.
Here are a few notes and reminders for this Friday, November 20th:
- There is no school for students on November 26th and 27th.
- Winter Break for students will be December 23rd through January 3rd. Students will return to school from break on Monday, January 4th.
- The last day of marking period 2 is Friday, January 29th.
- Our next PTSO Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 24th. At 6:00 PM, we will host an English-language version, and at 7:00 PM, we will host a Spanish-language version. The links for these meetings will be sent the morning of the 24th.
- PSATs are scheduled for our students on January 26th. Additionally, we are in the process of coordinating the SATs for Kennett students only on Wednesday, March 3rd during the school day. We will be sending out information regarding the SATs at Kennett within the next few weeks.
- While we have been utilizing Schoology for the last two years, we have attached information for parents on how to use and navigate Schoology. Please read through this information as a refresher, or to become more familiar with our Learning Management System (LMS). This information is available below as an attachment.
- Finally, please follow us on Twitter and Instagram @KCSDKennettHS! We post at least two updates per week, so we encourage you to check it out!
Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the time with your families.
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School
SCHOOLOGY INFORMATION ATTACHMENT