Happy Tuesday KHS Families,
I hope you had a great weekend!
Last week was our first week of hybrid learning, and it was wonderful to see our students back in person! We are looking forward to another outstanding week of in-person learning as we move forward in the month of January.
Here are a few notes and reminders as we get started with our week:
1. Please note that next week on Tuesday, January 26th, registered juniors and sophomores will be taking the PSAT examination. Only students registered for the PSAT will be coming to school on Tuesday. Normal transportation will be provided to students registered for the PSAT. Those students NOT registered will remain virtual with their Cohorts and should access their learning asynchronously through Schoology. Also, transportation will not be provided to TCHS this day, and students must either provide their own transportation or access their TCHS program virtually.
2. 11th grade students will also be virtually participating in their Junior Mock Interviews that are being scheduled with their moderator teacher/administrator/counselor during the afternoon of the 26th.
3. The 2nd marking period officially concludes next Friday, January 29th. The 3rd marking period will begin on Monday, February 1st. The 3rd marking period will conclude on Wednesday, April 7th.
4. We will be hosting a virtual KHS 8th Grade Parent Night on Tuesday, February 2nd at 6:00 PM. At the start of the meeting, we will provide a brief PTSO update on high school events before beginning our event. The 6:00 PM meeting will be English-language, and the 7:15 PM meeting will be Spanish-language.
5. Kennett High School juniors and seniors who have registered for the SAT Exam on March 3rd will be contacted soon with information regarding pre-registration. Please note that March 3rd will be similar to the PSAT day in that only students registered for the SAT will attend school in person. All other students will participate in school virtually on this day.
6. There will be no school on Monday, February 15th. Please mark your calendars.
Have a great week!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School