Happy Tuesday KHS Families,
There are only 3 days remaining in the second marking period, and it will conclude this Friday, January 29th. Our students are hard at work ensuring they finish the term successfully so they can carry that momentum into marking period 3, which begins on Monday, February 1st. Your continued support of your child in their learning is appreciated and essential to their achievement, and I appreciate all of your efforts the first half of the school year!
Here are a few updates as we approach the end of the day:
1. Wednesday, January 27th (tomorrow) is an 8-period Remote Learning Day for all students, while Thursday will be an “A” Day and Friday will be a “B” Day.
2. Attached to this email is the school calendar for marking period 3. Please be sure to review this information to be aware of important upcoming dates.
3. We will be hosting a virtual KHS 8th Grade Parent Night on Tuesday, February 2nd at 6:00 PM. At the start of the meeting, we will provide a brief PTSO update on high school events before beginning our event. The 6:00 PM meeting will be English-language, and the 7:15 PM meeting will be Spanish-language.
4. Kennett High School juniors and seniors who have registered for the SAT Exam on March 3rd will be contacted soon with information regarding pre-registration. Please note that March 3rd will be similar to the PSAT day in that only students registered for the SAT will attend school in person. All other students will participate in school virtually on this day.
5. There will be no school on Monday, February 15th. Please mark your calendars.
Have a great week!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School