I hope all of you are having an enjoyable and productive week! Finally, we had a full 5 day week, free from disruptions from inclement weather. Hopefully, we can keep this momentum going and accelerate the arrival of spring! As we get into March, I wanted to provide a few updates, notes, and reminders regarding Kennett High School.
1. Wednesday, March 3rd is an asynchronous learning day for students. Students will access their assignments via Schoology on this day. There is no live instruction on Microsoft Teams. Also on March 3rd, registered juniors and seniors will be taking the SATs. A reminder to students who are taking the SATs, no transportation is being provided.
2. There will be a PTSO Meeting on Wednesday, March 3rd. A Spanish-language version will begin at 6:00 PM, and an English-language version will begin at 7:00 PM. The links for these meetings will be sent the morning of the meeting.
3. We are currently in the process of planning our Prom, Senior Dinner Dance, and Graduation and are working out the details. We are excited about these events and cannot wait to share the specifics with all of you. Be on the lookout for a communication in the next few weeks regarding these events.
4. Spring Break is scheduled for Monday, March 29th through Friday, April 2nd. There is no school for students on these days.
5. The 3rd Marking Period will conclude on Wednesday, April 7th.
6. Course selection and scheduling for the 2021-2022 school year will be beginning soon. We hope to distribute our course selection guide next week, along with our timeline and process for scheduling this year.
7. As per Dr. Blakey’s email, we are currently exploring the possibilities of a full 5 day a week return to instruction. Please see below for more details and to access the commitment form link.
Please find the survey link for the KCSD Parent Commitment Form referenced in Dr. Blakey’s letter. In anticipation of our reopening, we are pleased to offer two learning options to all students. The two options available for students will be a full five day program or continuation in the Remote Learning setting. The current hybrid educational model will be discontinued. This will be the last opportunity for students and caregivers to modify the location of learning, and the selection made below will be in effect for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic year. Please note this Form must be completed by this Sunday, March 7th. Families that do not complete the form will be scheduled into in-person instruction.
More information regarding this change will be shared in tomorrow evening’s PTSO Meeting. The links for the meeting will be sent tomorrow.
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School