Happy Friday KHS Families,
It is the second Friday in March, and we are now only two weeks away from Spring Break. Our students continue to work hard in the classroom, and excitement and anticipation is growing as we get closer to our full reopening on Monday, April 5th.
As we finish up another week of school, I wanted to provide a few updates, notes, and reminders:
1. Spring Break is scheduled for March 29th through April 2nd. There will be no school for students on these days.
2. We will return to instruction 5 days a week on Monday, April 5th. Please note that the Commitment Form to select in person or virtual learning has been closed. All non-responses were defaulted to in person learning. Please note that changes to the learning model cannot be made for the remainder of the school year.
3. The 3rd Marking Period will conclude on Wednesday, April 7th. The 4th Marking Period will begin on Thursday, April 8th.
4. Graduation is scheduled for Friday, June 11th. The last day of school for students is Tuesday, June 15th. Baccalaureate and the Senior Dinner Dance are both scheduled for Thursday, June 10th. Prom is scheduled for Friday, May 28th. KHS Awards Night is scheduled for May 20th. More specifics on these events is forthcoming.
5. The Course Scheduling process is beginning, and our school counselors will be connecting with students regarding course selections for next year very soon. Students can get a jumpstart on this process by exploring our new Course Selection Guide which can be found at the following link: https://khs.kcsd.org/news/2021/03/08/2021-2022-khs-educational-planning-guide/
6. Due to the impact of COVID on the school year, Kennett High School students will have the choice of opting out of Advanced Placement Exams. If you would like to opt out of an exam, please notify Mr. Ibarra at email@example.com by March 26th. Changes to exams cannot be made after this date.
7. The next PTSO Meeting is Tuesday, April 6th. More information regarding the meeting will be forthcoming.
8. Kennett High School is starting a Boys Volleyball Club! The sport will operate as a club for two years before it can be approved as a varsity sport. For the inaugural year, we hope to be able to play a couple of games against Unionville and Avon Grove. If your son is interested in boys volleyball or if you have any questions, please email Sophia.Bilinsky@foxroach.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your son’s name, age, class and contact info (email and phone). Or you can fill out the google form by CLICKING HERE.
Have a great weekend and don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead this Sunday!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School