Happy Friday KHS Families!
I hope everybody is enjoying a great Friday!
We are wrapping up our first week of full in-person learning, and it has been a great step forward in returning to normal in the school setting! Our students were energetic and excited to be back with their teachers and peers, and we look forward to a healthy and safe conclusion to the school year!
With that said, it is imperative that students continue to exercise care and caution in terms of wearing face masks, social distancing, and staying home from school when not feeling well. By taking proactive and preventive measures, we can ensure the safety of our students and staff and continue with the successful operation of school.
As Friday concludes, I wanted to provide a few updates and reminders for everyone:
1. At Tuesday’s PTSO Meeting, we shared the details of our upcoming senior class celebratory events. You can find an overview of these events attached to this email. Please be sure to review this information to be aware of these upcoming events.
2. April is the first ever #ALLin month in Kennett – not only because we are physically #ALLin by returning in-person full day, but also because April is Autism Awareness Month. It is a time where we would like to celebrate being #ALLin for everyone. You can also check out a video message here from Dr. Blakey explaining what #ALLin month is all about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9p3t4dqPzA
3. Please see the reminders below regarding student devices and be sure to review them with your student:
- Please reinforce that students complete the Daily Checklist every day!
- ✓ Be sure to fully charge your device the night before
- ✓ Be sure to bring your device and charger to school
- ✓ Before leaving home, complete the Daily Entrance Screening for Students
4. Student school pictures will take place on Tuesday, April 13th and Wednesday, April 14th for both “in-person” and “virtual” students. Additionally, our school nurses will be doing vision and hearing exams, as well as obtaining heights and weights from students during this time as well.
5. The next PTSO Meeting is Wednesday, May 12th at 6:00 PM. This will be our final PTSO Meeting of the school year. The links for this meeting will be published the morning of the meeting.
6. All early dismissal notes need to be turned in at the beginning of the day to the main office. Be sure to include your student’s name, ID and a phone number a parent/guardian can be reached at to confirm the note. A note is also necessary for virtual students to be excused from classes during the day. They can be submitted to Ms. Zavala by email@example.com.
7. There is no school for students on Tuesday, May 18th and Monday, May 31st.
8. Please note the last day of school for students is Tuesday, June 15th.
9. Would you like to hear more student news? We would too! This last year has been tough on everyone, all the more reason, to promote the amazing accomplishments of our Kennett High School students! If your child is participating in a Club, Sports Team, Band, Orchestra, School Musical etc…., please email a short update to the “Bottom of the Book Bag” (BOBB). We publish weekly updates to the entire school community. Almost 750 subscribers! Please note that the BOBB coordinators are parent volunteers, therefore the information shared in the BOBB is only as good as the information we receive. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you filling up our Mail Box!
There are 45 school days remaining in the 2021-2022 school year; let’s make them awesome together!
Have a great weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School