I hope everyone has had a great week!
As our second week of the full reopening concludes, our students are settling into a routine and are working hard in their pursuit of new learning. As of today, there are 40 school days remaining in the year. Please continue to encourage and support your child to finish the year on a positive note!
Here are a few updates and reminders as our school day ends:
1. In order to continue our path back to some sense of normalcy, we all need to remain diligent in our fight against COVID-19. This means that we must stay true to the mitigation strategies that are in place and continue to have individuals who do not feel well – STAY HOME! We have recently seen an uptick in situations where individuals not feeling well came to our schools and inadvertently impacted others as they have been identified as close contacts. Any staff member not feeling well, should stay home and contact their direct supervisor. Any student should be checked by his or her parent or guardian prior to coming to school. This includes understanding the definition of close contacts when someone in the household has been identified as a positive or probable case. If you need any assistance, please call your child’s school nurse. Thank you for continuing to THINK! We are all in this together.
2. Please be reminded that students are not to be dropped off or picked up at the front steps before or after school. Students may be dropped off in the S-Wing or in the lower parking lot in the front of the building. This ensures student safety. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated with this!
3. Only students with an assigned parking tag may park on campus. Students may not park on campus without permission.
4. The next PTSO Meeting is Wednesday, May 12th at 6:00 PM. This will be our final PTSO Meeting of the school year. The links for this meeting will be published the morning of the meeting.
5. There is no school for students on Tuesday, May 18th and Monday, May 31st.
6. Please note the last day of school for students is Tuesday, June 15th.
7. Would you like to hear more student news? We would too! This last year has been tough on everyone, all the more reason, to promote the amazing accomplishments of our Kennett High School students! If your child is participating in a Club, Sports Team, Band, Orchestra, School Musical etc…., please email a short update to the “Bottom of the Book Bag” (BOBB). We publish weekly updates to the entire school community. Almost 750 subscribers! Please note that the BOBB coordinators are parent volunteers, therefore the information shared in the BOBB is only as good as the information we receive. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you filling up our Mail Box!
That is all for this week! Have a wonderful weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School