Welcome Orientation Logistics
Weather permitting, we will begin in the KHS Stadium (in the event of inclement weather we will move into the Auxiliary Gym).
9:15 – 9:30 AM
- Students will arrive to KHS. Buses will drop off in S-Wing, and we will direct them to the field.
- Drop offs, Commuters and Walkers, please use the lower lot to avoid the front step construction and walk up to the stadium (NHS students will be visible to provide direction).
9:30 – 9:45 AM
Welcome to 9th grade class and do brief introductions. Students will rotate through 3 activities, with 5 minutes of pass time to move to each.
- Session #1 = Clubs/Activities in Gymnasium
- Session #2 = Academics and Career Pathways in Library
- Session #3 = NHS Student Q and A in Auditorium.
- Each session will be 20 minutes. At the completion of each activity, students will be dismissed to the next activity over the PA system.
Following the final activity, we will try to get a class picture then students will be dismissed to either eat lunch in the cafeteria, and/or to walk the building with their tentative schedule. The program ends at 11:30 AM.
Promptly at 11:30 AM, the new student orientation (students other than 9th grade) will begin which will just be a brief introduction from me, a Q and A session, and then an opportunity to walk the building.