Greetings KHS Students and Parents!
The first week of school is complete, and it was a successful one! Our students were focused, working hard, and most importantly, having fun being back in the building! Their energy was positive and uplifting, and without question, it is going to be a great school year!
As we close out week one, here are a few notes and reminders:
- Masks are required for all students when inside of the school building. When students are outside, masks are not required. Students may take off their masks to eat during lunches, but must put them back on once they are finished. Your cooperation with this requirement is greatly appreciated!
- Please see the Attendance Guide attached to this email. It provides helpful information related to our attendance procedures during the 2021-2022 school year. You can access this guide HERE.
- A reminder, there is no school Monday, September 6th and Tuesday, September 7th. Please make note of this on your calendars.There will also be no school on Thursday, September 16th.
- Students, make the 2021-2022 school year your year to get involved! There are a variety of clubs, activities, and athletics available for you to participate in, and your involvement will enhance your high school experience! Please check out the list of available opportunities HERE!
- We had to adjust our next PTSO Meeting to Wednesday, September 29th to be mindful of Back to School Night at KMS. This meeting will be virtual at 6:00 PM, and the links will be sent out the morning of the meeting. Please mark this change on your calendars. Please find the notes from our last PTSO meeting HERE.
- Homecoming Week begins October 11th and runs through Saturday, October 16th, culminating with our Homecoming Festival and Dance. More information will be forthcoming regarding Homecoming.
- PSAT Testing for all juniors is scheduled for Wednesday, October 13th. More information regarding PSATs will be forthcoming from our school counselors.
- Finally, while far away, the last day of the first marking period is Monday, November 8th.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, and enjoy time with your family and friends!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School