Greetings KHS Families!
It was a short week, but a successful one! We are now 7 days into the first marking period, and our students and staff are beginning to settle into a routine. It continues to be an energizing atmosphere at KHS, as we are back to the important work of teaching and learning.
As we close out the week, here are a few important notes, updates, and reminders:
- Masks are required for all students when inside of the school building. When students are outside, masks are not required. Students may take off their masks to eat during lunches, but must put them back on once they are finished. Your cooperation with this requirement is greatly appreciated!
- We are currently in the process of developing new coursework and programs that align with student interests and careers of the future data as part of our Degree Programs at KHS. As part of this process, we are surveying students and families to identify those courses and programs our students are genuinely interested in seeing implemented. We are asking all KHS Families to complete the linked survey to provide your input. You can access it HERE. A separate survey will be sent to our students to complete.
- A reminder, there is no school Thursday, September 16th. Please mark your calendars. Please also note there is no school for students on Wednesday, October 6th.
- Students, make the 2021-2022 school year your year to get involved! There are a variety of clubs, activities, and athletics available for you to participate in, and your involvement will enhance your high school experience! Please check out the list of available opportunities HERE!
- We had to adjust our next PTSO Meeting to Wednesday, September 29th to be mindful of Back to School Night at KMS. This meeting will be virtual at 6:00 PM, and the links will be sent out the morning of the meeting. Please mark this change on your calendars. Please find the notes from our last PTSO meeting HERE.
- Homecoming Week begins October 11th and runs through Saturday, October 16th, culminating with our Homecoming Festival and Dance. More information will be forthcoming regarding Homecoming.
- PSAT Testing for all juniors is scheduled for Wednesday, October 13th. More information regarding PSATs will be forthcoming from our school counselors.
- A note to families with students who are seniors. Seniors are not permitted to leave the building for Senior Option until the Senior Option block begins. Seniors must remain in school for their Flex periods that are part of their course schedules.
- If you are looking for a copy of our Student Handbook, you can access it HERE.
- Finally, the last day of the first marking period is Monday, November 8th.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School