Greetings KHS Families!!!
We have just concluded day # 11 of the first marking period, and it continues to be an energizing and exciting atmosphere! Our students are focused and working hard in the classroom, and most importantly, enjoying being back in school.
As this Friday closes, I wanted to provide you with a few notes, reminders, and updates:
- Please note the interim period ends on October 5th. This is the halfway point of the marking period, so students should be mindful of this date and their progress through the next few weeks. Also, as a result of the school cancellation from the storm on September 2nd, the end of the first marking period is now Tuesday, November 9th. Please update your calendars accordingly.
- Families, please be reminded that students cannot be dropped off at school in the upper lot by the front steps. If you are dropping students off in the front of the building, it may only be in the lower lot. School personnel will be directing you to the lower lot as a reminder starting on Monday. Your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
- Our School Counselors are hard at work planning this year’s Financial Aid Night which is scheduled for Thursday, September 30th at 6:00 PM. Please see the attached letters for more information.
- Families, please remind your students to check their school emails at least twice a day to ensure they are aware of important school information. Additionally, students should arrive at school with their laptops fully charged for their classes.
- Join KCSD in celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month! Please see the attached flyer for more information on how you can join in the celebration!
- We are currently in the process of developing new coursework and programs that align with student interests and careers of the future data as part of our Degree Programs at KHS. As part of this process, we are surveying students and families to identify those courses and programs they are genuinely interested in seeing implemented. We are asking all KHS Families to complete the linked survey to provide your input. You can access it HERE. A separate survey will be sent to our students to complete.
- Students, make the 2021-2022 school year your year to get involved! There are a variety of clubs, activities, and athletics available for you to participate in, and your involvement will enhance your high school experience! Please check out the list of available opportunities HERE!
- We had to adjust our next PTSO Meeting to Wednesday, September 29th to be mindful of Back to School Night at KMS. This meeting will be virtual at 6:00 PM, and the links will be sent out the morning of the meeting. Please mark this change on your calendars. Please find the notes from our last PTSO meeting HERE.
- Homecoming Week begins October 11th and runs through Saturday, October 16th, culminating with our Homecoming Festival and Dance. More information will be forthcoming regarding Homecoming.
- Please note there is no school on Wednesday, October 6th.
- Masks are required for all students when inside of the school building. When students are outside, masks are not required. Students may take off their masks to eat during lunches, but must put them back on once they are finished. Your cooperation with this requirement is greatly appreciated!
That is all for today! Have a wonderful weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School