Greetings KHS Families and Happy Fall!
Today marks the conclusion of the 16th day of school, and we are only 7 days away from the halfway point of the marking period which concludes on Tuesday, November 9th. As the year progresses, I wanted to remind all families that our teachers are here to support your students if they need assistance. Time for support is available during the school day during students’ Flex periods to receive extra help and to make-up assignments. Please encourage your students to take advantage of the Flex opportunities to ensure they are doing their best in all of their classes.
As we finish up this Friday, I wanted to share a few notes, updates, and reminders:
- We are always seeking feedback to improve our procedures and programs at Kennett High School. As we get ready to finish up the month of September, we wanted to take a moment to get your feedback on how we can improve. Please take a few moments to complete the survey at the following link. Your support with this is greatly appreciated! SURVEY LINK: https://forms.gle/U6Y6nfMuF1eRZgwg9
- All juniors and some sophomores will be taking the PSAT Exam on Wednesday, October 13th during the school day. A unique schedule for this day will be created to accommodate this test and will be shared with students soon.
- Families, please remind your students to check their school emails at least twice a day to ensure they are aware of important school information. Additionally, students should arrive at school with their laptops fully charged for their classes.
- Our next PTSO Meeting is Wednesday, September 29th. This meeting will be virtual at 6:00 PM, and the links will be sent out the morning of the meeting. Please find the notes from our last PTSO meeting HERE. The October PTSO Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 19th at 6:00 PM.
- Homecoming Week begins October 11th and runs through Saturday, October 16th, culminating with our Homecoming Festival and Dance. More information will be forthcoming regarding Homecoming.
- Please note there is no school on Wednesday, October 6th. Additionally, there will be no school for students on Tuesday, November 2nd.
- Masks are required for all students when inside of the school building. When students are outside, masks are not required. Students may take off their masks to eat during lunches, but must put them back on once they are finished. Your cooperation with this requirement is greatly appreciated!
- Families, please be reminded that students cannot be dropped off at school in the upper lot by the front steps. If you are dropping students off in the front of the building, it may only be in the lower lot. School personnel will be directing you to the lower lot as a reminder starting on Monday. Your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
- Please note this year’s Financial Aid Night which is scheduled for Thursday, September 30th at 6:00 PM.
That is all for this Friday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School