Happy Friday KHS Families!
Today is the last Friday in October, and on Monday, we will begin the month of November and move closer to the end of the first marking period on the 9th. Our students are working hard to conclude on a positive note, so please continue to encourage them to work with their teachers during their Flex periods to get additional support and/or to make up for any missing work. I am very proud of the effort our students have given this first marking period, and I look forward to a successful finish!
As the day wraps up, I wanted to share a few notes, updates, and reminders:
- We continue to monitor the weather for tomorrow’s Homecoming Dance, which is scheduled from 6:00 – 9:00 PM in the stadium. Should we need to postpone the dance, we will make the call no later than 11:00 am tomorrow. The make-up date for the Homecoming Dance is Monday, November 1st from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- College Information Night provided by the KHS School Counselors will take place on November 15th and November 18th virtually. The 15th version will take place at 6:00 PM in Spanish, while the 18th version will be in English at 6:00 PM. The links for these meetings will be shared soon.
- Our next KHS PTSO Meeting (virtual) is scheduled for Monday, November 22nd at 6:00 PM. In this meeting, we will begin discussing course selection for next school year, in addition to providing updates on our Career Pathways program. We hope you can join us!
- There is no school for students on Tuesday, November 2nd.
- This year’s Thanksgiving Holiday is scheduled for November 24, 25, and 26.
- KHS will host the Fall Play Friday, December 10th at 6:30 PM and Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM and 6:30 PM.
- The KHS Holiday Concert is scheduled for Monday, December 20th at 7:00 PM in the auditorium.
- Winter Break is scheduled from December 23rd through January 2nd.
- Families, if your student drives to school, please remind them that they may not park in the District Office parking lot.
- Families, please see these reminders from our nurse’s office: Just a reminder that students are to wear a mask inside of the school building every day. Please make sure your students are coming prepared with masks to school, and if they can have a spare on hand, that would be a big help. Additionally, if you have not returned your child’s emergency card to the nurse’s office, please do so as soon as possible.
- Families, please remind your students to check their school emails at least twice a day to ensure they are aware of important school information. Additionally, students should arrive at school with their laptops fully charged for their classes.
- Just a friendly reminder that when a student is absent from school, a parent signed note or an email needs to be sent to the Attendance Office. If a note or an email is not received within three (3) days after the student’s return to school, the absence will turn unlawful or unexcused.
- Just a reminder that our school day begins at 7:40am and that our students are expected to be in their classroom by 7:40am. Please make sure that your student arrives with enough time so that your student is not marked late, and miss out on important opening announcements and instructional time.
- The Kennett Education Foundation has an amazing leadership opportunity for students! We are looking for three individuals who are interested in becoming student board members for the Kennett Education Foundation. This esteemed position would help committees, support board initiatives and help spread awareness about the Kennett Education Foundation to fellow students and teachers. To find out more information go to https://www.kennetteducationfoundation.org/student-board-members. Please see the attachments to this email for more information.
That is all for today! Have a wonderful weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School