Happy Friday KHS Families!
As we wrap up our first full week of October, we are excitedly anticipating the beginning of Homecoming Week on Monday. We are encouraging all of our students to participate in the festivities, and you can find each of the themes for the Spirit Days in the attachment to this email. The week will conclude on Friday, October 15th with our Homecoming Parade at 6:30 PM, our Homecoming Football Game at 7:00 PM, and our Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 16th at 6:00 PM. Here’s to a memorable and fun week for our students!
As we close out the day, here are a few notes, updates, and reminders:
- Families, please remind your students to check their school emails at least twice a day to ensure they are aware of important school information. Additionally, students should arrive at school with their laptops fully charged for their classes.
- Our next KHS PTSO Meeting (virtual) is scheduled for Tuesday, October 19th at 6:00 PM. If you did not get a chance to attend last week’s meeting, you can access a recording of it by clicking HERE. The November PTSO Meeting (virtual) is scheduled for Monday, November 22nd.
- The first marking period will conclude on Tuesday, November 9th.
- There is no school for students on Tuesday, November 2nd.
- This year’s Thanksgiving Holiday is scheduled for November 24, 25, and 26.
- KHS will host the Fall Play Friday, December 10th at 6:30 PM and Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM and 6:30 PM.
- Families, please see these reminders from our nurse’s office: Just a reminder that students are to wear a mask inside of the school building every day. Please make sure your students are coming prepared with masks to school, and if they can have a spare on hand, that would be a big help. Additionally, if you have not returned your child’s emergency card to school, please do so as soon as possible.
That is all for this week! Have a great weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School