Happy Friday KHS Families!
I hope all of you have had an amazing week!
As we close out another full week of school, I wanted to take a moment to point out that there are only 11 days remaining in the first marking period. The marking period will end on Tuesday, November 9th, and it is important for our students to finish on a positive note. Please encourage your child(ren) to connect with their teachers and ask for extra help during the Flex periods. We want all of our students to be successful, so please know our teachers are here to support them!
Here are a few updates, notes, and reminders for this Friday, October 22nd:
- Our Homecoming Dance has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 30th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM in the high school stadium. Should there be inclement weather on this date, the make-up date will be Monday, November 1st from 6:00 – 9:00 PM.
- Our next KHS PTSO Meeting (virtual) is scheduled for Monday, November 22nd at 6:00 PM. In this meeting, we will begin discussing course selection for next school year, in addition to providing updates regarding our Career Pathways program. We hope you can join us!
- There is no school for students on Tuesday, November 2nd.
- This year’s Thanksgiving Holiday is scheduled for November 24th, 25th, and 26th.
- KHS will host the Fall Play Friday, December 10th at 6:30 PM and Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM and 6:30 PM.
- The KHS Holiday Concert is scheduled for Monday, December 20th at 7:00 PM in the auditorium.
- Winter Break is scheduled from December 23rd through January 2nd.
- Families, please see these reminders from our nurse’s office: Just a reminder that students are to wear a mask inside of the school building every day. Please make sure your students are coming prepared with masks to school, and if they can have a spare on hand, that would be a big help. Additionally, if you have not returned your child’s emergency card to the nurse’s office, please do so as soon as possible.
- Families, please remind your students to check their school emails at least twice a day to ensure they are aware of important school information. Additionally, students should arrive at school with their laptops fully charged for their classes. Schoology mail and bluedemons email are two different accounts. Students have access to a google account via their student identification (XXXXXX@bluedemons.org) and their password and should check their bluedemons account regularly to ensure access to important information.
- Just a friendly reminder that when a student is absent from school, a parent signed note or an email needs to be sent to the Attendance Office. If a note or an email is not received within three (3) days after the student’s return to school, the absence will turn unlawful or unexcused.
- Just a reminder that our school day begins at 7:40am and that our students are expected to be in their classroom by 7:40am. Please make sure that your student arrives with enough time so they are not marked late, and miss out on important opening announcements and instructional time.
- The Kennett Education Foundation has an amazing leadership opportunity for students! We are looking for three individuals who are interested in becoming student board members for the Kennett Education Foundation. This esteemed position would help committees, support board initiatives and help spread awareness about the Kennett Education Foundation to fellow students and teachers. To find out more information go to https://www.kennetteducationfoundation.org/student-board-members. Please see the attachments to this email for more information.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School
Kennett Consolidated School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Kennett Consolidated School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our Skylert service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
Skylert is a notification service used by the nation’s leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.