Happy Friday KHS Families,
I hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to a restful and relaxing weekend. A new beginning is upon us, as we will start the second semester on Tuesday, January 25th. This signals the halfway point of the school year, and it is exciting because of the many fun events we have to look forward to, such as Mini-THON, Prom, Senior Stroll, and Graduation. Please continue to encourage your children to focus on doing their best in the classroom to maximize their opportunities.
As we wrap up the week, here are a few notes, updates, and reminders:
1. Monday, January 24th is the final day of the second marking period. The third marking period and second semester begin Tuesday, January 25th. Please remind students to arrive to school on time everyday. Students that arrive to school late will receive an initial warning and then be issued restorative sessions to counter the behavior.
2. There will be no school for students on Monday, February 21st.
3. Please note that students are not permitted to have food delivered to the school (e.g., Door Dash). Any food delivery attempt will be refused.
4. Course selection will begin soon, and the new Educational Planning Guide will be shared with students and families electronically sometime next week. A hard copy of the planning guide will be available for all students the first week of February.
5. Please remind your students to check their emails multiple times a school day. Important information is consistently shared with students via email, so it is important for them to check it frequently.
6. If your child is interested in participating in upcoming Principal/Student Roundtables, please have them contact me at email@example.com, and I will be sure to include them.
7. Our next PTSO Meeting (virtual) is Tuesday, February 8th at 6:00 PM.
That is all for today! Have an awesome weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School