Happy Friday Kennett High School Families,
I hope all of you have had a great first week of March! Time is flying by, and there are only 16 school days remaining in marking period 3. Please continue to encourage your children to focus on their academics and to give their best effort in the classroom. I believe in all of our students’ abilities to succeed in their learning, and I want nothing more for them than to finish the third marking period on a positive note.
As we close out the week, I wanted to provide a few notes, reminders, and updates:
1. Wednesday, March 16th will be an asynchronous learning day for students, and teachers will be available for office hours from 8:45 – 9:45 am. Teachers will provide students work via Schoology that they are to complete independently. More specific information regarding class assignments will be forthcoming from your child’s teachers.
2. A reminder to families of all junior students that graduation projects should be completed by this point in this school year. Students who have not yet finished their graduation projects will not be able to attend Prom, to enroll in Senior Option for next year, or to register for a senior parking spot. Please check with your students to make sure all of their components of the graduation project are complete.
3. A reminder to families of all current 9th grade students, students may still enroll in a Degree Program for their 10th grade year, or if they are currently enrolled in a Degree Program and would like to change it, they may still do so between now and the end of the school year. If your student is interested in doing so, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Starting Monday, March 21st, KHS will celebrate its first-ever Career Week, focused on highlighting the importance of career-readiness, and creating opportunities for students to interact with local businesses in the areas of finance, law, agriculture, and many others. On Tuesday, March 22nd, KHS will host our first-ever Career Fair during 7th block in which students will have the opportunity to learn about local businesses, potential internship opportunities, and essential skills to be successful in future careers. All current KHS Degree Program students will attend, and any other student interested in attending should register by completing this linked form (click here). There will also be trivia opportunities to enter drawings to win gift cards, so be sure to stay tuned for more information! Additionally, we will be hosting our first-ever KHS Degree Programs Night virtually to share more information about our innovative Degree Programs and to provide opportunities for families and students to talk with the teachers of the programs. This event is scheduled for Wednesday, March 23rdat 6:00 PM and more information will be coming soon.
5. Just a reminder that students should have completed elective requests for next school year, as the Skyward course selection system will be closed. If you have any questions about course selection, please be sure to contact your child’s school counselor.
6. Please mark your calendars that final exams for seniors will begin on Thursday, June 2nd and will conclude on Tuesday, June 7th. Underclassmen final exams will begin on Tuesday, June 7th and will conclude on Friday, June 10th. A more detailed schedule will be forthcoming.
7. Please note that AP Exams will take place between Monday, May 2nd and Friday, May 13th, while Keystone Exams are scheduled for Monday, May 16ththrough Friday, May 27th.
8. Spring Break will take place Monday, April 11th through Friday, April 15th.
9. Our next PTSO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 8th at 6:00 PM. This will be a virtual meeting, and the links will be sent the morning of the meeting.
That is all for today! I hope everyone has a restful and relaxing weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School