I hope you are having a great week, and that you are preparing for the approaching weekend! We are getting closer and closer to the end of the school year, and I am encouraging all of your children to finish the school year on a positive note.
There are only 3 full school days before our half-days begin on June 7th, so your child’s best effort is critical during these final days. Please be sure to encourage them to complete any missing assignments, to get extra help from their teachers during Flex, and to prepare for their final exams, which begin for seniors next week and for underclassmen on June 7th. The schedule for exams was sent out a few weeks back, so please be sure to review it.
As we close out the week, here are a few reminders, notes, and updates:
1. There was no school on Monday, May 30th.
2. The KHS Senior Stroll was held on Wednesday, June 1st. Seniors must be passing all courses for the year in order to be able to participate.
3. Final Exams for seniors begin on Thursday, June 2nd and conclude Tuesday, June 7th. June 8th is an exam make-up day for seniors. If seniors are finished with all of their exams on June 7th, they do not need to attend school on June 8th.
4. Underclassmen Final Exams begin on Tuesday, June 7th and conclude Friday, June 10th.
5. Baccalaureate for seniors is Wednesday, June 8th from 5:00 – 5:45 pm in the KHS Auditorium. Seniors’ families are encouraged to attend with their child.
6. The KHS Senior Dinner Dance is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8th from 6:15 – 9:15 pm at The Creamery in Kennett Square.
7. Graduation is scheduled for Friday, June 10th at 6:00 pm on the front steps of KHS.
8. The last day of school for underclassmen is Friday, June 10th.
9. A reminder to families of juniors who have yet to complete their artifacts for College and Career Readiness and/or their KHS Graduation Project, if juniors do not have these complete by Friday, June 3rd, they will be ineligible for Senior Option, a Senior Parking spot, and next year’s Homecoming Dance. Please mark sure these requirements are complete by June 3rd. If your child need assistance, please contact Dr. Tamargo at email@example.com.
10. As we approach the end of the school year, students should begin gathering and preparing their materials (books, laptops, etc.) for return. Teachers will communicate specific details in terms of when these items must be collected. Please be reminded that materials that are not returned will result in students being billed for the cost of the missing materials.
11. Attention families of Juniors, Class of 2023. Information regarding Senior Parking Spot Requests has been emailed, messaged via Schoology, and posted in Schoology to every Junior. Please remind your child to check their emails or Schoology to complete the senior parking spot google request form. The deadline to request a senior parking spot is June 10th at 11:59 p.m.
That is all for today! Have a great weekend!
Jeremy Hritz, Ed.D.
Principal, Kennett High School