What is the Student Assistance Program (SAP)?
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Student Assistance Program (SAP) is designed to assist students, parents, and school personnel in the process of identifying issues, including substance abuse, which may pose barriers to a student’s success. Once those barriers are identified the primary goal of the Student Assistance Program (SAP) is to help students and parents to formulate plans to overcome those barriers using school and community resources.
The Kennett Intervention Team (KIT) is the student assistance team at Kennett High School.The team is comprised of professionally trained KCSD staff and a liaison from a community drug and alcohol counseling agency. The team receives referrals from parents, teachers and students. Referral sources, as well as information shared with the team members, are held in confidence. A KIT team referral form can be downloaded here. KIT Referral Form
Where do I go for help?
Kennett Intervention Team (KIT) Members
- Britt Fahey, School Psychologist
- Eileen Rudisill, Administrator
- Cassandra Allen, School Counselor
- Cheryl Lamoreux , Teacher
- Chester County Mental Health Crisis Intervention 24-Hour Hotline 610-280-3270 or Toll Free at 1-877-918-2100
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Information & Referral Numbers
- Chester County Cares Info and Referral – http://www.referweb.net/chesco/
- Human Services, Inc. – 610-429-3033
- La Communidad Hispana – 610-444-7550
Chester County information and referral for drugs and alcohol
- Information & Referral – 1-866-286-3767 (All calls are confidential)